After your teeth whitening treatment in Renton, Washington, our dentist will provide you with instructions on how to care for your teeth and keep your smile bright. Please follow our post-whitening care instructions to maximize the benefits of your whitening treatment. If you have any questions or to schedule another appointment with Dr. Kevin Huynh, call The Renton Dentist today at (425) 226-3192.
The first 48 hours after completing a professional teeth whitening treatment are crucial to maximizing the impact of the treatment on your smile.
You should avoid eating or drinking foods and beverages that stain, such as:
- Red wine, cola or other sodas, coffee, and tea
- Berries (cherries, blueberries, strawberries, etc.)
- Tobacco products
- Red sauces (mustard, ketchup, soy sauce, etc.)
We also recommend that you:
- Avoid staining habits
- Use an electric toothbrush
- Keep your regular dental appointments
- Practice good oral hygiene
- Use whitening trays to touch up your teeth as needed
You may also experience some sensitivity for the first 24 hours after treatment. This sensitivity should subside after 24 hours.